Friday Update - 07/29
I am sending this email to give everyone a quick reminder about everything going on at Surprise Christian Church.
Backpack drive for the Dysart Community Center
You guys are amazing! We officially crossed our goal of 100 backpacks last weekend with 112! We have another 18 since then bringing us to at least 130. If you forgot and you still have a backpack, don't worry! Brad and I are delivering backpacks on Monday so you can still bring one in this Sunday.
Service day at Valley View Community Foodbank
We have a service day at Valley View Community Foodbank coming up tomorrow! If you signed up to serve, you should have received an update email from Brad with time and location. If you have any questions, email Brad at email@example.com
If you didn't get a chance to sign up for this event, don't worry! There will certainly be more opportunities to get involved.
Open Mic Weekend
We will be having an open mic weekend this Sunday! If you haven’t been with us when we have done one of these before, what we do is we open a Sunday service for a Q and A style service. Instead of having a typical sermon, I take y’all’s questions and do the best I can to give practical, biblical answers. Look forward to that this Sunday and bring your questions!
We have our annual pool party coming up on August 20th from 6:30-8:30. We will be renting out the Surprise Aquatic Center (15831 N Bullard Ave, Surprise, AZ 85374).
The agenda is to have fun! The hope is to celebrate a few baptisms, as we do every year, as a church family. If you would like to be baptized at the event, get in contact with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are asking you to bring a dessert of some kind, be creative! I hope to see you guys there.
- Reminder that youth (6th-12th) meets every other week after second service. This is an off week for youth, if you have any questions or want more info email our youth director Bryan Brown at email@example.com
- If you would like to volunteer, you can sign up here https://surprise.church/Serve.
- If you would like to give to the church, you can do so here https://surprise.church/Give.
- If you would like to read the Psalm before service, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to me on Sunday.
- Remember that Grief Share meets at the building on Mondays at 7. If you or a loved one are struggling through grief, this is an amazing ministry that I pray you will consider joining. You can get more information here https://surprise.church/GriefShare.
- AA meets on Friday nights at 6:30, more information is available at www.aa.org.
- If you would like to sign up for a life group, you can do so here https://surprise.church/LifeGroups or contact Pastor Brian at email@example.com
- Finally, we would love to pray for you. Anytime you can fill out a prayer request here https://surprise.church/prayer our elders and staff would love to pray for you.
I am praying for y'all and I am excited about everything that is going on at SCC! It's amazing to see you guys go above and beyond when opportunities arise to live as citizens of the Kingdom. Keep walking faithfully my friends!
Pastor Drew Carroll